Want to help decide on a credit card for the nanny who is taking care of your child? Or, are you the nanny that needs a credit card? Here, get the details of the benefits of credit cards and the best credit cards for nannies.
Nanny – a small word but the responsibility is huge. For all working parents out there, it is important to have someone to take care of the baby in their absence. Especially, if the child is not going to school, it is much needed to take care properly of the child. It is very much important for a parent to know about the nanny they can trust with their children. To make the relationship strong with the child’s nanny, parents need to have a good and consistent working relationship with the nanny.
Nannies are professional child care providers who offer full-time care to children. When you are a working parent, you need to take care of your baby but it is not possible to give the proper care while working. At that time, it is important to have a nanny for your child. Some nannies work till you return back home after work whereas other nannies can live with you.
The Importance Of A Nanny
Wiping runny noses, changing diapers, and staying awake for the baby – nannies come to the rescue of the parents. Sometimes, nannies are the ones who can experience the first step of the baby or something the baby achieves at an early age. No doubt, the importance of nannies in a child’s life as well as for a parent’s working schedule is multifaceted.
Here are a few duties of a nanny:
- A nanny will always make sure that your dear child is safe.
- Sometimes nannies may take a few nursery-like duties like taking care of your child’s clothes, cleaning the stroller, and preparing milk or food for the baby.
- Sometimes, you may want an educated nanny who will take care of your child’s early stage of study like ABC. Nannies are also responsible for the developmental milestones of your child.
- Nannies may ensure that your child is getting the proper stimulation throughout the day.
- Nannies sometimes work with other homely kinds of stuff like cooking, housekeeping, etc (though it can be based on contracts beforehand).
- Often, nannies arrange play dates and educational classes for your child.
- You can discuss with your child’s nannies to have common goals for your child.
Benefits of Hiring a Nanny for Your Child
- When you will hire a nanny for your child, your baby will be provided with sole-focused care. The nanny will definitely know all the needs of your child so that they can take proper care and fulfill their needs.
- When your child is away from you, the child will get a strong base of attachment. It is considered you are the primary source of care for your children but when you are a working parent it is not possible to take care of your child’s safety. A nanny can take the charge of the security of your baby. The child will also get an emotional attachment with the nanny because the nanny gives 24*7 services to the child.
- Nannies are responsible for making the child’s day as productive as possible. A nanny will take the child for various activities like playtime, outings, educational visits, and activities.
- If your child’s nanny is bilingual, they can also be teaching your child a new language.
- When your child has a nanny, you can be quite sure that your child’s days are organized, safe, as well as stimulating.
- It may sound weird but having a nanny means you can spend quality time with your child after all hectic work schedules. Why? Well, as the nanny is working on the baby’s work, you can just sit by your child and have a conversation with the child. You need not worry about your child’s food or other daily activities.
So, you can understand that having a nanny is so important when you are a working professional. When this person is so important for your child as well as you, you need to take care of all kinds of facilities for a nanny.
How To Manage Spending Money For Your Nanny
Your child is your biggest asset and the nanny is taking care of your biggest asset. When the caregiver is quite important for your child, it is necessary to provide proper spending money to the nanny so that there will be no such issues between you and the nanny. According to a report, in the year 2020, 50% of families spent about $10000 on nannies and childcare.
This percentage has increased to 59% in 2021. Nowadays, 85% of families are spending more than 10% just on childcare services or nannies. You need to know the details on how to give spending money to your nanny. Along with this, you will also learn about the best credit card for nannies.
You need to keep in mind that spending money needs to be reliable, transparent, and flexible too. When you are going to hire a full-time nanny or an after-school babysitter, they need to spend your money and it is quite simple. In order to make this financial scenario smoother, you need to keep in mind these terms.
Reliable: When you are hiring a nanny for your child, you need to take care of the reliability of the whole system because if the relationship gets disturbed, it can affect your child.
Transparent: Transparency signifies you require to know that your money is being spent on what you plan.
Flexible: You need to be flexible with the nanny in case, you need to hire someone else if required.
We are mentioning a few ways to give your child’s nanny spending money.
You can leave the whole cash amount for the nanny on the shelf. It will help your nanny to understand exactly how much amount need to be spent. But right now, people are not interested in living hard cash because cash is discouraged in a few places. Also, cash is easy to lose. Also, every day, you need to keep a track of the expense which is done by the nanny. You also need to review all receipts for all expenses done by the nanny. Nanny also needs to be very careful to take care of personal money and the money given by you for spending on daycare.
Money transferring apps
You can also make use of money transferring applications through which you can just send money digitally to your nanny. Though you need to keep a track of all receipts.
It is quite an exceptional one. You have to measure the reimbursement amount properly. You need to pay the exact amount in cash or in a bank account. It may be embarrassing for the nanny to ask for reimbursement from you. So, this option is not really the best.
Prepaid reloadable cards
You can opt for the prepaid re-loadable cards for your child’s nanny. This option has a few benefits like you can reload the cash whenever needed digitally. In case you need to employ a new nanny, you can easily replace the card. Depending on the feature of the card, you can track all kinds of expenses through this card.
Credit card for a nanny
One of the best ways to build a trustworthy relationship with your baby’s nanny is by providing a credit card. There are a lot of options for the best credit card for nannies nowadays. You can choose from those options. You can also lower the credit limits so that there will be no overspending on the credit card for a nanny. You can also track all kinds of transactions if needed.
It is definitely true that the expense of a nanny is a never-ending expense. Rather, these days, the expense is elevating rapidly. You can reduce your pain by using the best credit card for nannies because it comes with perks and benefits too. For your convenience, here we will add a few best credit cards for nannies that will be suitable in the current year.
Best Credit Cards For Nannies
Here is a list of a few best credit cards for nannies.
- The Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
- Chase Freedom Unlimited
- The Business Platinum Card from American Express
1. The Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express
The most interesting feature is the welcome offer of signing up for this best credit card for nannies. As a welcome offer, you will get 15,000 points after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months of account opening. This card offers good reward points for your nanny-based spending. With the Blue Business Plus Credit Card, you can avail of 2x per dollar on the first $50,000 in purchases per calendar year. Apart from this, 1 point per dollar afterward with no annual fee will be maintained.
Another feature is a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening. After this period of twelve months, the rate will vary from 13.24% to 19.24%. Though it will be based on creditworthiness. As per the TGP valuation, your nanny will be available to earn 4 cents per dollar in value back for your nanny-based expenses.
2. Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card is another best credit card for nannies because it will not lead to any issues while signing up for the card. Your nanny can easily earn miles or points without any kind of spending category. 2 miles per dollar is the rewarding point for the cardholder.
Apart from this, as a welcome bonus offer, 60,000 bonus miles are available if, within the first three months of account opening, you or the nanny can spend an amount of $3,000 on purchases. You should know that the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card has an annual fee of $95.
3. Chase Freedom Unlimited
If you want to get a lot of cashback offers on the best credit card for nannies, then you have to go for Chase Freedom Unlimited. With this card, you can get $200 after spending $500 on purchases. Though this task should take place within the first three months of account opening. Apart from this facility, you will get a 0% intro APR on purchases for the first 15 months. After this, the rate will be from 14.99% to 24.74%.
4. The Business Platinum Card from American Express
This may seem quite a classy one but it is quite worthy. The Business Platinum Card from American Express is a demanding card because it provides you with lots of incredible perks and benefits. Though it will take an annual fee of $595, there are authentic reasons to mention that the Business Platinum is one of the best credit cards for nannies.
When you will get this card after signing up, you will receive 120,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on selected purchases with the card. It can be a heavy task for some people to spend $15,000 in just three months. But this can work well when the money is going to your nanny directly through the card.
So, here are a few tips on the best credit card for a nanny. Now you need to know more when you are choosing these options. When you are planning for hiring a nanny for your little baby, you need to take care of small daily expenses along with upcoming expenditures and the nanny’s monthly purchases. It is sure that you can go for these best credit cards for nannies because through a credit card, you will track all kinds of nanny’s work-related expenses.
How does the best credit card for a nanny work?
The best credit card for a nanny can be anyone from the above-mentioned credit cards. Though the nanny is the user of the credit card, remember the bill should come to you so that you can have a look at the expenses for your baby’s care and nanny’s expenses. Before a nanny will start using the credit card in your house, you can create a few guidelines about the usage limit as well as when the card should be used. You can also go for setting up an activity budget.
This thing will help to outline specific amounts that can be spent monthly, weekly, or daily. Through this thing, you can create a specific amount for all kinds of baby-related activities. Also, when the nanny will use the best credit card for a nanny, he or she is responsible for having all the receipts of expenses so that you can take a look at them. You can also use a nanny binder where all kinds of paperwork and receipts for a nanny will be kept.
The Bottom Line
So, that’s all for today. The expense of a baby’s care or a nanny’s expenses can be hard to maintain at first. But with the best practice of a credit card, it can be solved easily. Don’t hesitate to give try the best credit card for nanny. It will save your time as well as make the work easier for you. I hope, this article will quench all doubts in your mind regarding the best credit card for nannies. Stick to us for such a good informative piece of context in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can I add my nanny to my credit card?
You can add a nanny as an authorized user of the credit card. You just need to contact your customer service department and they will ask you some questions. You need to answer those genuinely. That’s it.
- Can anyone work as a nanny on a tourist visa?
Unfortunately, this can bring problems for both parents and the nanny. In the USA, a tourist visa does NOT allow the nanny to work. It WILL cause legal problems, so make sure you are on the right side of the law.
- How do you evaluate a nanny while hiring for your child?
Your child is your biggest asset. So when you are hiring a nanny for your biggest asset, you need to check everything beforehand. Here’s how you can evaluate a nanny.
- Check a nanny’s genuine interest to work for a child while you are at work.
- You can also check if the nanny has Safety certifications and childcare training.
- If the nanny is able to take on additional household responsibilities, it will be helpful for you.
- What is included in a nanny’s regular work schedule?
A nanny is hired for a baby’s care and to ensure safety. As a nanny, generally, one needs to prepare nutritional food, clothe a baby properly, do laundry for the child, reinforce proper care and discipline if needed, provide mental and physical stimulation to the baby, etc. As the nanny is connected to a baby’s day-to-day activities, a nanny should know all kinds of needs of the baby so that it can be taken care of on time.
Fresh from the Blog
- 10 Best Jobs In Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
- 4 Best Credit Cards For Nannies
- 9 Best Credit Cards for Wedding Expenses
- 10 Best Credit Cards For Consultants
- 7 Smart Tips On Buying A New Or Used Car Amid Inflation
- 8 Best Credit Cards For Golf Lovers
- 6 Best Credit Cards for Traveling Consultants
- 19 Practical Tips For Financial Success
- How to Invest in Web 3.0 [Plus Easy Guide To Web 3.0]
- How To Start A Laundromat Business in 5 Easy Steps
- How To Start A Transportation Business In Just 10 Easy Steps
- How To Start An HVAC Business And Succeed In 17 Easy Steps